Sunday 14 April 2013

About my Avatar

I am sure many of you recognize the comic strip character Dilbert in my profile image.  I have been a fan of the work of Scott Adams, the creator of Dilbert, for a very long time.  The presence of Dilbert accompanying my posts (Twitter and elsewhere) is based mainly on the nature of his tie.

To quote the Wikipedia entry on this...  "In nearly every strip, Dilbert's tie is curved upward. While Scott Adams, the creator of the Dilbert comic strip, has offered no definitive explanation for this, he has explained the tie at least as a further example of Dilbert's lack of power over his environment."  
[See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dilbert_(character)#Physical_appearance]

Surely most of us have felt that frustration from time to time and most certainly there is a lack of direct control of the situations and environments that are the focus of my posts. If you share that feeling of lack of control, sorry, but you should find your own avatar :)

NDITF